The Universal Stand Assist from Able Life helps to provide balance and support when sitting and standing from your favorite chair. This modern standing aid is a safer alternative to using the arm rests to push yourself up or lower yourself down into your chair. Arm rests can be excessively cushioned or wear out over time to provide proper support. The Universal Stand Assist places two strong support handles where you need them the most. The assist tool is perfect for anyone who lacks mobility, suffers from a loss of balance, are recovering from surgery or injury, or who have a disability. The dual cushioned handles support weight up to 3000 pounds and safely provide the leverage that is needed to lower your raise your body. Unlike traditional hospital-like mobility aids, the Stand Assist sports a modern contemporary design that blends in with any home like another piece of furniture. The Universal Stand Assist is adjustable in height, width, and depth and can be modified to fit most sizes of couches, chairs, and recliners. To install, simply fit the stand assist frame either around the attatched cushion or underneath the removable cushion. We recommend measuring your furniture to ensure compatibility witht the Universal Stand Assist. For more detailed instructions, please refer to our infographics and videos.
- HELPS TO PREVENT FALLS: The Universal Stand Assist from Able Life provides balance and support when sitting or standing from your favorite chair. The standing aid for seniors helps to prevent dangerous elderly falls that are common in the living room.
- COMFORTABLE CUSHIONED HANDLES: The Universal Stand Assist has dual support handles that are cushioned and comfortable to use for fragile and arthritic hands. The assist handles provide a comfortable grip when standing or sitting and support weight up to 300 pounds.
- PROMOTES AN INDEPENDENT LIFESTYLE The Stand Assist is the perfect mobility aid for seniors experiencing a loss in mobility, the elderly who are aging in place at home, anyone recovering from an injury or surgery, or for those who experience back pain. The chair assist reduces the need for caregiver assistance and prevents back pain from lifting and skin tears from pulling.
- MODIFY HEIGHT, WIDTH, AND DEPTH: The support handles can be adjusted in height from 22 inches to 32 inches from the floor while the legs can be adjusted in height from 14 inches to 21 inches from the floor. The Stand Assist frame also adjusts in width from 19 inches to 26 inches and in depth from 24 inches to 27 inches. By adjusting the aid you can ensure a safe and secure fit on your furniture.
- EASY TO ASSEMBLE AND INSTALL: The Universal Stand Assist is compatible with chairs, sofas, and recliners with either fixed/stitched cushions or removable cushions. If your chair cushion is fixed to the chair, place the frame of the Stand Assist around the cushion. If your chair cushion is removable you can slide the frame of the Stand Assist underneath the cushion. If the bottom of your cushion sits 13″ above the ground or less, you will need to place the frame around the seat cushion (regardless of cushion type) to ensure that the support handles can be adjusted to an appropriate height.
- MODERN AND LOW-PROFILE DESIGN The low-profile and discrete design of the chair assist matches the look and feel of any home. The contemporary look blends in like a piece of modern furniture that you can be proud to display in your living room.
- STRONG AND BUILT TO LAST The powder-coated steel frame supports up to 300 pounds of weight and is built to last years of repeated use.
- ENSURE COMPATIBILITY BEFORE USE We recommend ensuring that the Able Life Universal Stand Assist will work with your furniture before purchasing. Please reference the adjustment ranges and measure your furniture to determine compatibility.